Welcome to VoiceCatcher
Welcome to VoiceCatcher: a journal of women’s voices & visions, our online publishing venture. After producing six print anthologies in six years, we wanted to create a way to share the literary and art work of our contributors more than once a year. The result is this bi-annual journal.
Our Journal’s Mission
- To publish the highest quality poetry, prose and art work from women writers and artists in greater Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA
- To offer respectful editorial suggestions to writers whose work is almost ready for publication
- To give thoughtful feedback to those writers who need more time to craft their pieces
- To support emerging writers by offering them mentoring opportunities and workshops
- To offer young women of high school age a venue to be heard in our “Young Voices” section
- To celebrate the work of our contributors through a series of public readings
To ensure a fair selection process, all unsolicited submissions to our journal are read blind by a staff of co-editors. Our editors take a collaborative approach to selecting the best pieces and to choosing the authors they want to work with more closely during the editing process. They aren’t looking for any particular style or theme; they simply choose work that speaks to them and lets that work speak for itself.
If requested, our editors also write personalized feedback letters to those writers whose work is not yet ready for publication. Since they are committed to the creative growth of every woman who places her work in their hands, these letters are based on input from each editor and offer encouragement and respectful guidance.
We invite you to enjoy our journal, and to consider submitting your voices and visions in the future.
Tell us what you think about our journal or individual pieces of art, poetry or prose by email or by filling out the form below.
We’d love to hear from you.